Am very happy to see other LAB members posting other than me, myself and I. I'm so glad this is not going to be a monologue.Event Guru, you'll do well. We believe in you, so go guru go. And Shanghai babe, bravo for starting your own LJ blog. I've added you to the list, and hope to hear more from you.
In other updates, I just came back from Bintan yesterday (you can read all about my Parisian adventures here -- Denis, I made it to Shakespeare & Co.!). Don't hate me, cos it's all part of the company's orientation and induction. Staying there is a totally different experience altogether from holidaying in BT. I went twice on the trapeze, and am now suffering for it. Sore shoulder blades, and tummy (from hanging upside down and swinging up to catch the pole) are the least of it. Can't believe even my thigh muscles are aching a little. So much for signing up for gym. I didn't even go anywhere near it, what with work and travelling. That's the only thing I regret doing. I think I would have been fine with the jogging and running whenever I'm free.
To answer babe L's question ... nope, it wasn't all play in Paris. I had back-to-back meetings with the IT team, the web development team, their strategic marketing team, the CRM team and the IT project team. Plus, meeting my immediate boss for the first time. She's cool, btw.
Since my return, been busy following up on the various action items from the minutes, and managing an upcoming online campaign. I have never in my life seen a company who dedicates so much time, and effort into writing and developing their own systems and applications. This is one company who truly believes in online marketing. Just as a hint, their budget for one campaign is almost what we used to spend in a year. To be honest, I was kind of staggered when I saw the budget -- in Euros -- that was planned for each quarter.
Wow, wished we had been that active. So, even though I'm missing some of my old friends from BT, I've been making some new ones. And no worries EL, Bea hasn't managed to 'pollute' me yet.
Yea, life has been busy but good. And I hope you LAB-bers are living life to its fullest. See y'all around. And as an old friend puts it,
Stay bubbling ... :)
2 comments:
Hello all,
Am also relocating to Shanghai. Linda, who has promised to help me move has decided to abandon me at the last minute to go back to Sunny Singapore!
oh no, how about contacting Maggie?
Post a Comment